Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My Official First College/Home Decor Purchase EVER

   Yes, you read it right, I have taken another giant leap into adult hood... I'm purchasing seemingly boring home decor items... and I'm actually excited about it. I know, it's crazy, but the transition into a "boring adult" had to happen sometime, right? After touring my #1 college pick the other day, I came down with college decor fever. I mean, I got it BAD. In case you aren't as up-to-date on the new ways to decorate the dungeon also known as a college dorm, you probably need to check out Pinterest (you can follow me here). The things people come up with are just out of this world and it is seriously exciting me. In just a few short months I will be in my own little dungeon, trying to make it as comfortable as possible.. It's CRAZINESS. So purchasing this item actually seemed like a huge milestone in my life. It was almost like I was in a very nostalgic movie that had one of those really awesome voice-overs in the end where the hero makes some really incredible speech and you automatically feel empowered.  As I was standing at this make-shift register in a closing antique mall (while my item was being checked out by an old dude with his shirt unbuttoned to the waist...ick) my mind was making up my very own incredible voice-over. Yeah, I know, I'm getting deep! But it was a seriously cool moment. So, without further ado, here is my seriously awesome LAMP. It's vintage and versatile... It's perfection. Now, ending on a very cheesy note, my paths will always be well lit. :)

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I always feel old when I buy things for my house and get excited about it....but I love it, so I don't care! Haha! You know you're old when your Pinterest boards start filling up with Home items:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww....I was there and I didn't know what a big moment this was. So glad I was able to kinda share it! lol The lamp is very pretty and you will remember that purchase always.

    ReplyDelete